Sunday, July 6, 2008

32 weeks!

32 week belly shots

Yes, we have reached this milestone! We are so happy. Not that we want our baby to be born now, but at least we know that this level of prematurity would come with a good prognosis.



I have been counting the weeks all along. It is so great to reach these milestone markers. I can't wait until I am watching the Olympics on TV. It will be right around the corner then. I also like to wonder what my life will be like when the next Olympics roll around. During the last set, I had been dating Darren for about 6 months, totally unaware that during this round I would be living in his (now our) house, married, and awaiting our first child!



We went to a wedding yesterday and people were telling me that I was glowing (and that i was going to have a boy because of it!). I think I am glowing because I am just so grateful and appreciative to be pregnant. I love wearing maternity clothes. I love people asking "when are you due?" I love the pat on the belly. I love feeling the kicks and movements (though I think our little peanut was startled yesterday when the bad was playing...he/she was kicking up a storm).



Basically, I truly love being pregnant. I think that coming face to face with the enemy (infertility) created the stark realization that I may never become a parent. Because of this, I am more aware of this miracle inside of me, and pregnancy has an even deeper and special meaning. I have totally cherished every moment of it and will be eternally thankful for being able to experience this.



I hate that I have friends that are still struggling to experience it. I truly believe that their day will come...although that would be the last thing someone going down that road wants to hear. I hate that they have to pay oodles of money and suffer heartbreaks. It just isn't fair. They deserve their turn. It even makes me feel guilty at times that I was so fortunate to be on the "lucky" side of the odds. Honestly, sometimes I think that is all it comes down too for some of us. The grass is definitely greener on this side, and I can't wait for them to cross over.




No comments: