Monday, July 14, 2008

33 week u/s....and it's a...

BABY!!!

I held out. I stayed strong. I have come this far....and I can wait for my surprise!!!! It will be the best surprise ever. Really, I mean there are truly very few real surprises in life.

The baby is measuring exactly on its due date! The tech said that this is rare. What is even more unbelievable is that the baby measured at exactly its due date at the 20 week u/s. The baby is also measuring over 4 lbs.

I do have to call the OB tomorrow though. I think I may have lost part of my mucous plug....I know-- gross. I think everything is OK, since this can happen a few weeks before the baby is born and there was no blood. However, I think I should call just to make sure everything is OK.

My practice manager also said that tomorrow we would talk about my schedule and time off. I have already let them know that I want to take off 3 months once the baby is here. I also suggested only working 4 days a week when I return. I don't know if they will go for this or not....so fingers crossed. I hope that I don't leave work too disappointed tomorrow.

Oh well, I guess I better get to bed and get a good nights sleep. Baby, just stay put until 37 weeks. I want you to be healthy (even though I can't wait to me you!). I also have a lot more things to do. I have to call tomorrow about getting the furniture delivered and still lots to do with the nursery. I have lists everywhere. I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown yesterday when I realized that we don't have any cotton balls in the house for the baby...lol!

No comments: