Thursday, July 17, 2008

It all WORKed out...

...at work. I talked to my practice manager and we figured out a plan. Some of it is actually too good to be true.

I nearly had a heart attack when he said I wouldn't qualify for FMLA (which I thought was rather hincky, and I would have looked into it more, had he not offered me a great deal!)

Basically, they need me to just check in a few days a week to do some chart work ( I can bring the baby etc)...and there is no need to change or fire/rehire me...and I can still earn a few bucks while I am out for my 3 months.

They also said that I can work 4 days a week when I return. I was sooooo excited. So my new tentative schedule will be Tues-Thurs. Yay for 3 day weekends! Basically I just wanted an extra day during the week to spend with the baby. Weekends can be so busy and rushed, and I just wanted a day to cook, and play, and snuggle (especially during the winter months!). Darren will also work 4 days so it looks like we will only need daycare Weds-Fri. Plus Darren goes in at 11 and works late on Thurs, and often finishes early on Fri, so those 2 days won't even be full days.

I am so ready to meet my baby!!! (well, just hold off for a few more weeks until I finish the nursery and the peanut is a little bigger!)

No comments: