Sunday, June 29, 2008

Getting Ready for Baby!




They say that when you are expecting, a "NESTING" phase kicks in. You are in a rush to get everything ready in time for the new arrival!


Well this has been definitely true with me! It also doesn't help that we have about a zillion other things going on in our lives right now, either.


On July 1, Darren is going to take over another practice. The pediatrician there is semi-retiring. So this weekend he has been busy moving, etc. I must confess that it was nice being pregnant during the move. Pretty much the only involvement i have had was taking him to the Uhaul rental. I got to go out and shop all day Saturday instead of unpacking boxes...yippeee!


We are also refinishing our basement. A task that has been going on for over a year now! We are incredibly thankful to our brother in law for all the help and time he has spent on it....and My sister in law for letting him come! The end is finally coming in sight, but there is still much to be done. Hopefully it will be livable before our little peanut gets here!


The nursery is all prepped for the furniture...which should be coming sometime in the next few weeks. There will probably be a delay on the rocker (it is the biggest, baddest rocker around!) because my fabric, which was on back order, has now been discontinued. I can't wait for the room to start to come together! I have posted some pics of it painted. I really love the moulding and the painter did an excellent job on the stripes! (though it is supposed to be more sage green, but i think that is just the way the paint color looks because of the yellow background)

1 comment:

Christi said...

I can't wait to see it all put together, it looks fabulous right now! I can't imagine how great it will look all together, you did an awesome job!