Monday, June 30, 2008

Oh Boy....or Girl?

One of the biggest scrutinized decisions of this pregnancy has been my decision to NOT find out what we are having.

I truly believe that this is one of the greatest surprises in life......and I LOVE surprises. I have never been one to snoop at Christmas time or try to find out what my presents were. After seeing birth videos of people waiting to find out and talking to people who did wait, I am even more sure this was the right decision for me.

Don't get me wrong. Sometimes I wished I knew, as I have obsessive compulsive disorder, and love to plan things. However, in some ways it is actually very practical. If we are blessed to get pregnant again, everything will be a neutral scheme, and ready for baby #2!

Most people are usually very happy for me when I tell them that we are waiting for our surprise. But on the flip side, a few people seem to get almost mad at me that I am not finding out. I have no idea why they would care, but whatever the reason, i don' think it is anyone's business but our own......but Darren would totally find out if i would let him:)

So will my prediction be correct.... a girl? Honestly, I think I am second guessing myself now. I guess as the time gets closer, the reality sets in. My surprise baby is just around the corner.

I have guessed girl for several reasons.....
  • Mothers Instinct: when I was only about 5-6 weeks pregnant I ordered a Happy Meal from McDonalds. When they asked me if it was a girl or boy (they were referring of course to the happy meal), i immediately thought of my baby and said "GIRL"
  • Old Wives Tales: heart rate has been consistently high
  • The Way I am carrying: I am wide through the hips and butt and have a watermelon in my stomach
  • The Internet test I took: Well of course this is accurate, right? It asked all kinds of ridiculous questions and said that I had 80% chance of a girl.

So now only time will tell.........................but that is what i have been waiting for. To hold my little son or daughter for the first time and to hear Darren say the famous words...."It's a ?"

Boy or Girl, it will be the best surprise I have ever gotten in my life!

1 comment:

Christi said...

I think boy but I am ALWAYS WRONG!!