Thursday, July 3, 2008

8 weeks and counting...

....until I am done with work! I really like my job, and pregnancy has had its perks. The patients are generally more friendly and always willing to strike up a conversation about the baby. However, lately, I have been extremely exhausted. I take mini naps at my desk and count the hours until I can get home and take another nap.

I want to work as long as possible. Some weeks I feel great, others, not so hot. So now the countdown has begun. I am ready to finally have a vacation....although a screaming baby will be a far "CRY" from relaxation, it will be a nice change of pace from work.

I have not had an actual day off that wasn't medically related (IVF, minor surgeries, OHSS, FET) since last March (nearly a year and a half). I can't believe it has been that long!

Though, I am very thankful to have not had a day off. In December, Darren and I had planned a trip to Paris for January. It was my consolation prize if the frozen transfer did not work. I have never been so happy to postpone a trip and work for 6 months straight in my life!

So now I am counting the minutes until work is over (90 more to go), so I can try to rush home and grab a quick nap before our birthing class. I really don't want to go, but it is on C-section, and with my luck, if I didn't attend, I would surely end up having one!

So I guess I will just have to see what "Big Red" has in store today. She is this other pregnant lady taking the class with me. She is just plain rude. I think it is utter ignorance than intention. First, she cut in line in front of me to use the restroom (which is quite territorial in a room full of pregnant ladies), and then she basically told the cute pregnant lady behind me that she was too old (she is 41). The 41 y/o lady may have 10 yrs on her, but I would rather look like her any day!

OK, enough of my ranting before karma bites me in my big new behind:) I must get back to work.....

No comments: